News from Kings Park and Bold Park
Kings Park Festival national win
A gold Australian Tourism Award was awarded to the Kings Park Festival on 7 February in Sydney in the competitive Festival and Events category. Kings Park also won bronze in the Major Tourist Attraction category. Thank you to our amazing team of staff, volunteers and supporters who bring the Festival to life each year. Read more...
Spoil your garden in 2014
If you’d like to get your garden thriving in 2014, join us for the next Dig it with Coffee morning at Zamia Cafe in Kings Park. Have all your native gardening questions answered by the experts on the first Wednesday of every month. The Autumn Friends of Kings Park native plant sale will also be held on Sunday, 23 March at the Exhibition Ground. Earlybirds will be treated to some unusual beauties for their home gardens and Friends members will receive a 20 per cent discount on their purchases. Read more...
Aspects hits the beach
The beautiful Sculptures by the Sea at Cottesloe will be complemented by the first ‘Sculpture Inside’ exhibition this year. The exhibition will feature several stunning Aspects of Kings Park pieces, running from 7 – 24 March at the Cottesloe Surf Club. Back in Kings Park, Aspects will also be featuring some great design and books in-store which celebrate the coastal theme, as well as products inspired by the surf, food and wine of Margaret River Region. Shop in-store or online.
Sunset walks in Bold Park
The warmer months provide a unique chance to experience Bold Park bushland at twilight. Our Friends in Bold Park will host two guided walks on 10 and 18 March. Learn about the Park's history and the diverse array of native plants and animals that call Bold Park home. Highlights include spectacular views of the sunset over the Indian Ocean and the chorus of bushland birds as the sun fades. Walks begin at 5.30 pm from the Western Australian Ecology Centre. Read more...
Summer days drifting away
Autumn is just around the corner and our concert season will soon draw to an end. Make the most of the last summer nights with Gurrumul and WASO on 8 March and Hunters & Collectors on 29 and 30 March, held in the beautiful WA Botanic Garden. Visit the Events Calendar for more information.
Back to nature
Rio Tinto Naturescape Kings Park re-opens to the public this month after its February closure. Explore with us from 9.00 am to 4.00 pm, Tuesday to Sunday. Bookings for school excursions can be made on (08) 9480 3638. Join the Naturescape Facebook community for a fun look at this special place for children and their families.
News in brief
- This e-newsletter will now land in your inbox each quarter rather than monthly. More information is always available on our new website.
- Have your say on the future management direction of Kings Park. Public comment will soon be sought on the Draft Kings Park and Botanic Garden Management Plan 2014 – 2019. The Plan outlines the proposed management priorities for the next five years.
- The ANZAC Day Dawn Service will be held at the State War Memorial in Kings Park on Friday, 25 April.
- The Moonlight Cinema season will continue until 30 March at Synergy Parkland in Kings Park.
- Free Excursion Inductions for teachers are being held monthly at Rio Tinto Naturescape Kings Park, hosted by Kings Park Education.
We hope to see you again soon in Kings Park and Botanic Garden and Bold Park.